LYR 47 Blackpool Club Car

LYR 47 Blackpool Club Car built  1912 (Newton Heath) for exclusive use of businessmen commuting between Blackpool and Manchester. Underframe removed when withdrawn by British Railways in 1951, body then used as a cricket pavilion at Borrowash, Derbyshire.  Purchased from Redrow Homes for £1 in 1993 prior to site redevelopment. Restoration completed using underframe from a BR standard suburban carriage.

Funding was very successful, especially the ‘final push’ on the restoration.  47 has seen its first year in service with the minimum of teething troubles.
Click
 here for further details of the restoration work carried out on the Club Carriage.

Gallery - click the image to view ..